CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Save Garth

So, you MIGHT be on this website looking to register for THE most fun event of 2010 (yeh, I'm confident to say that even though it's only in February) and this IS the place to do that. However, before you pay your $70.00, I'd like to encourage you to try to WIN a ScrapFest registration at the Save Garth auction found here.

Why would you want to do that? I moved to Las Vegas as a young gal and made some wonderful friends since I have lived here. The best part of Vegas (well, okay, there's a lot of good parts, but ONE of the best . . . ) is that after living here awhile, circles of friendships cross over and it's not too long before it seems everyone knows everyone. The Abbott family was in my LDS stake and their kids went to seminary and high school with me and my sister and even my brothers. When people talk about "good people," the Abbotts are them. Good peeps, all the way around. Their influence and love has been spread wide and generously. I have been blessed for knowing them.

Last week I was told that Daddy Garth Abbott has been diagonsed with a VERY aggressive form of Breast Cancer {IBS-inflammatory Breast Cancer}. Time is of the essence when it comes to his treatment and he needs to start chemo therapy AS SOON AS POOSIBLE. Garth is uninsured and does not have the means to pay for his treatments. Sadly, in our country, this means NO treatment. Garth's daughter-in-law (who, interestingly/circle-crossingly enough, was a new teacher when I was AND who I seemed to ALWAYS bump into at the Dr. when I was having my babies!) has started an auction to raise monies for Garth's treatment and I would like to help (and I am hoping you would too.)

I'm not sure what the auction will start at, but maybe you can score it for cheaper than the $70.00 if you just click on the button here. And IF you score it for more than $70.00, then you'll be blessed with not only the good times at ScrapFest, but knowing you helped a most wonderful family.

If you want to make sure you're registered, go ahead and click on the right bar where it says PAY HERE, but then check out Rachelle's blog to see what else you might want to bid on to benefit Garth. Thanks everyone!

I'm not sure when ScrapFest will be put on the auction block, but I know my sister's also donating her famous, scrumptious cinnamon rolls, so it's worth checking back there OFTEN!

0 comments: